cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

proe instances to mastercam

Dmi3U
15-Moonstone

proe instances to mastercam

Hi pros,

My mastercam users are telling me that when they import proe instances they get a generic instead, and therefore

they require MEs to create iges files of these instances. Is it true? Do i need to change something in proe to

get mastercam to read proe instances properly?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Dmitry

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I've found that many import filters cannot handle Pro/E's family tables and you do get just the generic.  For this reason, we output ProE files that have family tables as STEP.  For example, we use Zeiss's Calypso software for our CMM.  It has a direct Pro/E import, but we only get the generic if a family table is involved.     

Regards     

Dmitry Ushamirsky wrote:     
Hi pros,     
My mastercam users are telling me that when they import proe instances they get a generic instead, and therefore     
they require MEs to create iges files of these instances. Is it true? Do i need to change something in proe to     
get mastercam to read proe instances properly?     

Any help is greatly appreciated!      

Dmitry     

----------     
Top Tags