cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

"Cannot Update View because of an internal error or signal"

agracia
7-Bedrock

"Cannot Update View because of an internal error or signal"

I am trying to create a partial view off of a model in annotation, and when I try to update it, I get an error that says, "Cannot Update View because of an internal error or signal." I have done this with plenty of other models/views, so not sure what the problem is.

3 REPLIES 3

If you are under Support, open a Case with PTC Support.

If not, try to narrow down the problem - reduce your 3D Model until the error vanishes - then you have an idea what the problem is.

First, do a part check on the model.  One sided surfaces (face parts) tend to not update with partial views.  Parts that are corrupt will not always update properly either.

Second. If you use view profiles, make sure that the appropriate one is used, Otherwise, manually change the view properties to use a different calc mode.  Try several different modes to see what helps.  Typically large assemblies use Graphics mode.

calc mode.JPG

Third, if the model is an assembly, use manage to remove parts until the problem part is found as Max has suggested.

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

Perhaps you are using a "circle" for your partial view?
Checkout: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS182478

Top Tags