cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

"Quick Access Toolbar" weirdness...

DW
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

"Quick Access Toolbar" weirdness...

Hello All,

I've been experiencing some odd behavior in my Quick Access Toolbar.  It seems that when I open old drawings or drawings from different sources in my company, that the toobar reverts to various old versions of what I had.  I'm very OCD/anal retentive about keeping my toolbars as I want them, and this keeps driving me nuts since icons keep appearing and disappearing from years gone by, and I can't seem to figure it out.  I had always assumed this was controlled by my creo_parametric_customization.ui file, but apparently that isn't the case, and it seems somehow tied to some odd historical time setting or something. 

Does anyone have any insight into how to keep my toolbars the same all the time?

Thanks, and much appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:DW)

Are you specifically talking only about the quick access toolbar in drawings?

Each mode (part, assy, drawing, ...) has it own tool bar so they do change depending what mode.

Other than that, maybe it has something to do with legacy mode in drawings but I don't think that's likely.

DW
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:StephenW)

Thanks for your reply Stephen.

Whether it is a drawing, or a part, or an assembly, the Quick Access Toolbar is changed from the versions I thought were saved in the .UI files.

When I start a new part, assembly, or drawing, they are the way they are supposed to be, but when opening an old document, in this case from a different part of the company, the toolbar gets changed to what looks like an old version.

I tried to upload a .jpg image for a better explanation, but it wasn't allowed for some reason.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Not sure attaching pictures would help but maybe. How to Attach a File to a Discussion Reply or you can actually just copy and paste the image right in to the browser.

Is it possible you are getting different .ui  loads based on how you start creo? Are you always starting creo the same way? I'm grasping at straws...

DW
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

So I've used attachments to upload images of the QAT for a Part file.

The one labeled "Normal" is when I start a new part.

The one labeled "Weird Version" is when I open an old part file.

As far as I know, the .UI file in my startup folder, where my config.pro file is should be the one Creo goes to for displaying the QAT, but now I'm rather unsure if it reaches out to that one or in some other place for it.

DW
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Oh...  I use the same shortcut on my desktop to start Creo every time.  I can open a new file, and get the correct QAT, but then open an old file and it could literally be anything!

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Hmmm, I got nothing. Odd that it's adding to your QAT. I assume those added on at the end are ones you have in other QAT's and somehow they append to the part mode QAT.

DW
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Actually, no.  They are not in any others, but were there many months ago, although not in those specific positions...

I told you it was weirdness...

DW
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Looks like I solved my problem.  In my config.pro, I added the following line, which apparently should have been there:

load_ui_customization_run_dir yes

Problem solved...  Apparently, the system wasn't looking to my .UI file.

Top Tags