cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

"Set/add drawing" from drawing Shortcut menu.

jjackson-5
1-Newbie

"Set/add drawing" from drawing Shortcut menu.

When on a sheet of multiple details in a .drw file, I used to be able to switch between parts by right clicking the view I want, then the shortcut menu would give me the option to "set/add drawing model" to the current view.

I would be able to quickly change the model shown in the model tree to the new model I need.

This seems to have disappeared in Creo3.

Anyway to get it back?

I bet carpenters would just love it if their hammers changed every few years and they were worthless until they learned how to use the new ones.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mender
6-Contributor
(To:jjackson-5)

The ability to change the model/rep shown in the model tree by picking a view was not implemented in the change to the behavior of the Model Tree in Creo 3.  This was fixed in Creo 3 M030 as follows:  in the Model Tree, and in the RMB for a drawing view, adding a command Use Model In Tree.

Separately, there was a problem that caused some cases for Set/Add Drawing Model to be missing that command, notably in the RMB on the selection of a part in an assembly view.  This was cleaned up in Creo 3 M040.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II

I still get the SET/ADD DRAWING MODEL in my right click, unless the view is already on the currently active model. Creo 3 M040.

I'm using M020.

Here's a pic of what I'm looking for.

In this pic, the current model is set to the -84 part as shown in the model tree.

I want to set the -42 part to current.

I used to highlight the view of the -42 part and right click. The shortcut menu would then have and option "Set/add Drawing Model" option.

That appears to be missing in my version.

creo3.jpg

I have looked in the File>Options>Shortcut Menu and the option is listed under Compenent>Primary and it is checked.

But it is not listed under Drawing View>Primary,Object Commands or Properties.

And that where I need it.

Thanks for any help.

mender
6-Contributor

The ability to change the model/rep shown in the model tree by picking a view was not implemented in the change to the behavior of the Model Tree in Creo 3.  This was fixed in Creo 3 M030 as follows:  in the Model Tree, and in the RMB for a drawing view, adding a command Use Model In Tree.

Separately, there was a problem that caused some cases for Set/Add Drawing Model to be missing that command, notably in the RMB on the selection of a part in an assembly view.  This was cleaned up in Creo 3 M040.

Thanks for the info.

Top Tags