cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

"Use parent view style" greyed out (not selectable) when inserting a projection view

BW1
2-Guest
2-Guest

"Use parent view style" greyed out (not selectable) when inserting a projection view

I insert a general view into a drawing and select "No Combined State".  The "Drawing View" window automatically opens up, I click View Display>Display style>(change from Follow Environment to Hidden).  Click OK.

Next I right click on the same drawing view and select "Projection View" and place the new view.  I right click on the new view and select "Properties" then "View Display".  In that selection window "Use parent view style" is greyed out and not selectable.  Can someone point me to the setting that I can change so that item is selectable?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BW1)

That particular selection is only for Detail views.

But what you are saying makes a lot of sense but that is not the way PTC intended it to be used.

In general, you can set the drawing view display defaults in the drawing setup:

In the drawing you are working on by going to file - prepare - drawing properties -detail options change  then find the option model_display_for_new_views and set it to what you want to be default for that drawing.

If you have a drawing template, you can do the same in there and save that so all new drawing start that way.

if you have a drawing setup file, you can change the option in there so drawings not started with a template will default to your display preference.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BW1)

That particular selection is only for Detail views.

But what you are saying makes a lot of sense but that is not the way PTC intended it to be used.

In general, you can set the drawing view display defaults in the drawing setup:

In the drawing you are working on by going to file - prepare - drawing properties -detail options change  then find the option model_display_for_new_views and set it to what you want to be default for that drawing.

If you have a drawing template, you can do the same in there and save that so all new drawing start that way.

if you have a drawing setup file, you can change the option in there so drawings not started with a template will default to your display preference.

BW1
2-Guest
2-Guest
(To:StephenW)

Thank you Steve.  For some reason I was thinking that was selectable with projection views as well but i can see its not.  Your explanation did the trick.

Top Tags