cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

"lookup_inst" can't do it! Alternate technique?

grocha
1-Newbie

"lookup_inst" can't do it! Alternate technique?

Hello everybody,

I am playing with "lookup_inst' for a while and It's been working like a charm, but now I am stuck in this scenario:

We are talking about 2 levels family tables, it means that the instances of the part to be replaced has their own family tables;

My problem is that I need to look up in all the 2nd level instances at the same time, because the instance I am looking for may be in any of that family tables, and the "lookup_inst" command only accept one part to be searched at time.

Looking into the geometry I've attached you would tell me to unify all family tables in one, but now there is no back, the geometry it's being used for a while and people don't want to change it at all now, so I will avoid it as much as I can.

I've attached a sample part and a PDF file explaining better the scenario, I've received a negative answer from PTC on that but the engineer that closed the call did not pointed me in any direction for a workaround and looks like an SPR for that will not be implemented so fast.

You guys are my last hope, If I don't find out a way to work around it I will need to change the methodology in the company and it is good but very challenging.

Warm Regards

Guilherme Rocha - Tech Support Consultant

PLM Solutions do Brasil

“A goal without a plan is just a wish.”

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
R.D.
1-Newbie
(To:grocha)

Has anyone found a solution to this? I have a multi-level family table (2 level) and need to use the lookup_inst function. Essentially I need the lookup_inst to look for a single parameter in the first level and 2 parameters in the second level.

Top Tags