cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Appearance of Cosmetic Threads

agaribay
3-Visitor

Appearance of Cosmetic Threads

Are there options to limit the solid line appearance of cosmetic threads
(see attached pic)?

WF4

Thank you.

-Art

This message (including any attachments) contains

confidential and/or proprietary information intended

only for the addressee. Any unauthorized disclosure,

copying, distribution or reliance on the contents of this

information is strictly prohibited and may constitute a violation

of law. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the

sender immediately by responding to this e-mail, and delete the

message from your system. If you have any questions about this

e-mail please notify the sender immediately.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:agaribay)

I have a solution for you but you aren't going to like it.
In your drawing setup file, if you change the option thread_standard to std_jis the line will magically disappear.

All is good in the world, but you will also note (at least on my drawing) the gray hidden line has now turned to a yellow line which means it is no longer hidden, it's a leader line (in my color scheme world).

I can solve this if you make your view a cross-section!!

Good luck
Steve
STEVEG
21-Topaz I

What about if one edge of the model has a slot through it. There is a solid line where there should not be one. How do I remove that? I guess the only way to do that is to convert the view to draft entities.

Steve G

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Well, a big thank you goes to Wayne.

In WF4 youneed tocreate another extruded cut. But instead of extruding as a solid you extrude as a surface. You also need to select Remove Material. Once you select the remove material button then another option displays to Trim Quilt. You select the thread you want to cut through. I used edge of the slot as the sketch and made the cut Through All.

Seems to me that should be an option when removing material of a solid. But it could be part of WF5 or Creo. We do not use either. Wewill notbe going to WF5 and probably not Creo 1. It's looking like we will wait for Creo 2.

Steve G

Top Tags