cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

restricted parameters can't read symbols from tekst file (µ)

WD_9815979
9-Granite

restricted parameters can't read symbols from tekst file (µ)

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 7.0 (connected) Release 7.0 and Datecode7.0.2.0

im new at this so maby this is not the correct place to ask, but is sure looks the best

when making a restricted parameter with a text document i use µ in one of the options, but in creo when selecting the option it shows "µ" instead of "µ".
i tried some other sybols and it does the same thing with the Â

annyone know whats going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WD_9815979
9-Granite
(To:TomU)

it is indeed a problem with the UTF-8 that should be UTF-8-BOM

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs288478

so i did save as, and at the bottom you can change the UTF-8 to UTF-8-BOM. 

after updating the restriction definition it works

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:WD_9815979)

I'm not sure if Unicode is supported in restricted parameter files.  Is the text file encoded as UTF-8?

WD_9815979
9-Granite
(To:TomU)

i dont know what unicode is or how to tell if it is encoded as UTF-8. but its a .lst file it thats what the question is

 

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:WD_9815979)

I'm seeing the same thing.  You probably should open a support case and see what tech support has to say about it.

 

TomU_1-1658762179210.png

 

TomU_0-1658761892656.png

 

WD_9815979
9-Granite
(To:TomU)

im going to do that. thanks

WD_9815979
9-Granite
(To:TomU)

it is indeed a problem with the UTF-8 that should be UTF-8-BOM

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs288478

so i did save as, and at the bottom you can change the UTF-8 to UTF-8-BOM. 

after updating the restriction definition it works

when you want to check this parameter with modelchek you will find the same problem.

only this time you need to change the coding from the text file with the list for modelchek to ANSI and not UTF-8-BOM

Top Tags