cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

revise coordinate system

dane.potter
1-Newbie

revise coordinate system

I have a fitting created by PTC, I want to revise the port to offset from an edge, but does not give the option to offset. The only thing it shows is "on", but I want to revise it to offset from the same surface that is previously selected. This way the socked depth is the actual depth and the port is the pipe cut length. Please advise, Thank You.
1 REPLY 1
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:dane.potter)

There are two ways I can see to do this.

First: Rename your port to a dummy CSYS name (is cs0 or some such thing). Then Create a new CSYS on top of that one, you will now have the choice to offset, and you can name that one to the PORT name.

Second. Create a datum plane offset from the socket depth of the part the distance you want, and redefine your port to come off that datum plane.

Either way should do the trick, the downside is that both require an extra datum. Not a big deal if it gets you the result you want. just make sure your "Z" is pointing the right way... that can mess up your piping real bad. Also, you may have to do some redefining on any pipelines where you've used this port as a "set start". Maybe not... but be ready for it.

Hope this helps.

Chris Benner
Designer II
Powell Fabrication & Manufacturing, Inc.
<u>www.powellfab.com</u>
P: 989-681-2158
F: 989-681-5013

Confidential

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may also be subject tolegal privilege(s). This information is only for the limited use of the individual to whom it is intended. If you are the intended recipientyour use is strictly limited to your knowledge and use of the information only and you may not forward, distribute, disseminate, copy or publish this information in writing or verbally to otherswithout the express written consent of the sender and/or creator of the information. If you are notthe intended recipient or the agent or employee responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, youruse, dissemination, distribution, copying, forwarding, or publishing ofthis information, in anymannerwhatsoever, isstrictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please destroy it immediately and notify the sender by telephone at (989) 681-2158 or by return e-mail. Thank you.

<u>

</u>
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags