cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

rotate tool in creo parametric 2.0

sjayaraman
1-Newbie

rotate tool in creo parametric 2.0

i just installed the creo parametric 2.0 . i cannot seem to find the "angle" option in the view toolbar. is there any additional file to download coz there seems to be missing the tool in the options list too.

@

please can somebody help me out.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

I think that's because there isn't one. There's pan, zoom, and orient. There's no tool to simply rotate the image in the plane of the screen. One can use orient and twist the part around or use the view definition tools and select 'Dynamic' where Normal rotation is available to type in a number; or use Reference and select the surfaces that define the desired orientation.

View rotation is a subset of Orient as David said.

To clarify - if you want to spin the image normal to the screen, hold down the Control-key at the same time as the Orient mouse button and instead of turning it will rotate on an axis that is perpendicular to the screen.

‌I'm guessing you're referring to Reorient which brings up the H, V, C rotation angle selectors? If so, the option can be found on the Graphics toolbar by selecting the Named Views icon. If you want to add it to the tool bar or see it in the Ribbon settings dialog in the configuration editor, select All Commands or Commands not in Ribbon.

lnelson
4-Participant
(To:sjayaraman)

To "SPIN" the model on the screen

hold down the middle mouse button (MMB) and move the mouse

to "PAN"

Hold down the "SHIFT" key and the (MMB) and move the mouse

Top Tags