cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

set colours for quild edges in drawings

Ben8
10-Marble

set colours for quild edges in drawings

Hi

As we know, by default Creo shows edges of quilds (surfaces) in pink on drawings. A Creo user can change the quild display colour on his/her machine through the Creo display settings (Options > System appearance>Global colors), but that doesn't affect how other users see that same drawing (other users will still see those edges in pink).

I would like to find a way how to set the colours of quild edges in my drawing views. I am happy to set colours for all lines on each affected drawing view if that's required.

However, when aiming to set the "Line Style" (Creo drawing: Layout tab > Format section>Line Style>Modify Lines) I can't select any quilds. The selection filter is showing "All" but Creo doesn't pick up the quild edges (when I hover the mouse over the quilds, it just doesn't pick up anything).

So the question - how can I change the colour of those quild edges?

Please let mw know if any screenshots / screen video recordings would be helpful

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Ben8)

Hi,

ask PTC Support why quilt edge color cannot be changed.

• create user color scheme for requested display of quilt edges
  • create mapkey which sets the above mentioned user color scheme
  • send both modifications to all users

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

ask PTC Support why quilt edge color cannot be changed.

• create user color scheme for requested display of quilt edges
  • create mapkey which sets the above mentioned user color scheme
  • send both modifications to all users

Martin Hanák

Essentially, I just wanted to confirm that quild edge colour can not be changed, and im not just missing something.

So thank you Martin for confirming, I will mark you answer as solution.

I don't see the point of reporting anything to PTC - they seem to have unresolved tickets since 2012 so I wouldn't be holding my breath. 

Common settings for all users isn't a solution - I don't have access to Publisher so the published PDFs would still be pink. That's why I want to _set_ the line colour in the View, so that it wouldn't depend on the Creo / computer settings.

Thank you for the help anyway, a negative answer is still an answer.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

I don't understand the term Publisher ...

I hope that you know that during PDF producing Creo is able to apply pen table. The appropriate setting of pen table resolves your problem with pink edges.

Martin Hanák

Yes, I am aware of Pen tables.

With the term Publisher I am referring to Windchill being connected to some certain computer with Creo. Publisher is a system of those two softwares which saves out a Creo Viewer viewable on every check-in (so that everyone could see the creo file without having / using Creo) and when file gets into Approved state in WC then on top of Viewable, the Publisher also saves out the PDF of a drawing and a STEP file of the part / assembly. Hope it answers it.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@Ben8 wrote:

Yes, I am aware of Pen tables.

With the term Publisher I am referring to Windchill being connected to some certain computer with Creo. Publisher is a system of those two softwares which saves out a Creo Viewer viewable on every check-in (so that everyone could see the creo file without having / using Creo) and when file gets into Approved state in WC then on top of Viewable, the Publisher also saves out the PDF of a drawing and a STEP file of the part / assembly. Hope it answers it.

Hi,

it seems to me that the solution is easy >>> create suitable pentable and ask Windchill admin to configure PDF generator to use this pentable.

Martin Hanák

There are many departments throughout different countries using the same publisher which I don't talk to, so I can't request to modify it 

Top Tags