cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

shortcuts in the Model Tree for quicker editing

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

shortcuts in the Model Tree for quicker editing

Is it possible to create shortcuts that will appear in the top of the modeltree for features hidden deeply in the model tree?

If not, I would really like this option, because its starting to bug me I have to expand into groups, sub-groups, patterns and extrudes to get to sketches all the time if im busy modifying things.

Especially sweeps are irritating as they dont allow you to edit sketches from the model tree (you have to go into editting the sweep feature first).

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:bp)

Two suggestions.

1.)  There is a command now in the right mouse button menu to "Locate in model tree".  If you pick a feature on the model, then click this, it will take you directly to the feature in the tree.

2.)  You can show dimensions on sweeps by right clicking to edit, then right clicking again (anywhere) and picking the "show dims" icon.

locate.png

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

Currently I use the functions you suggest, but still I think it could save a lot of time to have a possibility to create shortcuts for features that need frequent editting.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Actually, I agree.  Maybe something similar to the "send to footer" command but instead a "send to header" or "send shortcut to header".  It would probably be good to create a product idea for this.  If you create one I will vote for it.  (Let me know if you don't have maintenance and I will create one for you.)

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

‌I personally dont have maintenance so if you would be willing to post this as an idea, great!

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Product idea has been created. 

VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine

Hi,

I think that you need something like SmartMenu - SMARTMenu for Creo Elements/Pro B&W Software

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

And it seems to still eb available, at least for Creo 2:

B&W Software GmbH - Solutions for efficient product design: SMARTMenu

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

My question was; is it possible to create "favorites" to quickly acces features I created (mostly sketches) deeply hidden in my massive modeltree, not creating shortcuts to functionalities. For those I have mapkeys  (which is way better than adding even more functionality to the RMB, no offense to B&W).

dmcclinton
11-Garnet

No

Top Tags