cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

showing fractions in bom using report symbols

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

showing fractions in bom using report symbols

I am getting so frustrated. i have gotten the bom to spit out a value from doing... (part level)

HEIGHT=D2:1016

LENGTH=D24:197

DES_L=LENGTH

DES_H=HEIGHT

where des_h and des_l are parameters at the part level

and then in my bom i have &asm.mbr.DES_L&rpt.rel.X&asm.mbr.DES_L

that shows as 201.356 x 201.356

BUT i need them to show as feet and inchs like. PL 1/4 x 16'-9 3/8 X 16'-9 3/8

can anyone please help?

thank you for your time,

Joe G

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

You might have to format that into a text string with some math.

hi Joe,

See the picture Antonius has posted in the following thread:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/196593

You will need a resulting string type parameter to put into your BOM, which is kind of hard to get with no RTOS function around.

Tom, you should put that pic into your gallery.

What we really need is a comprehensive list of all the functions in the relations dialog.

I can't believe how useless the help files are in this regard.

I'll put that image in my album. Thanks for the reminder.

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite
(To:James62)

im still not sure how that can yeild feet and inches. 16'-9 5/8 is what i would like it to show

Unless you change the entire part to show feet and inches, you have to "fake" the system. You have to convert the real number value to a string representing feet and inches.

Is it preferable to change the default values in your part/assembly to feet-inches?

I added a document to show "how" but it is quite involved. It was a good challenge, however.

Architectural Dimension Converter: Creo 2.0 + references

Top Tags