cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

slow visuals - imported Zemax rayfile

bmalfait
3-Visitor

slow visuals - imported Zemax rayfile

I have imported a large ray-file from Zemax (lots of datum curves, the part with the rays is 42MB) and now Creo (2.0 M180) is locking up after i move,rotate or pan the part.

The movement is OK, but when I stop moving, then Creo is unresponsive.

The grafic card (M3000M) is not stressed (load stays below 8%), but I do see that CPU load increases 5->13%.2017-05-29 14_49_35-EXAMPLE Creo Parametric.png

This only happens in an activated window, a non-active window doesn't have this problem.

Is there an option to make this faster?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:bmalfait)

do you try to turn off the pre-selection highlighting option (file->options->selection->Enable preselection highlighting)?

in my experience, creo isn't very "snappy" when you have a lot of entities (10k +).  I noticed it is especially painful if these imported lines are put into layers and you try to delete some of them from such layers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:bmalfait)

do you try to turn off the pre-selection highlighting option (file->options->selection->Enable preselection highlighting)?

in my experience, creo isn't very "snappy" when you have a lot of entities (10k +).  I noticed it is especially painful if these imported lines are put into layers and you try to delete some of them from such layers.

Creo is indeed more responsive if you turn off the pre-selection, thanks.

Top Tags