cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

static stresses analysis on welded assembly can it be done?

selmakayes
1-Newbie

static stresses analysis on welded assembly can it be done?

Hi

1. On general, can static stress analysis can be done on assembly ?

2. i have a sheet metal assembly made of 2 (8mm thick) sheet metal parts, ther are assembeled by grooves and welding

i have added a welding by using the "application" featur assuming that this way i could do a static stress analysis on assembeld parts, but i dont know if CREO conceder it as an actually welded parts as in real and do the correct sterss analysis

- Is this a way to do it?

- regardless the last question, what is the best methode to do a static stress analysis to a welded assembly or any other assembly that used  by screws (i most mean to welding, since screws and oter mechanical connecting fasteners can be simulated) ?

thx

Shay

@

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

In response to 1, yes, it's entirely possibly to run analyses on an assembly.  Make sure that you set each 'interface' (coincident surfaces) between the parts appropriately: free, bonded or contact.  You can set a default interface for the model; and you can then over-ride that by creating individual interfaces between pairs of surfaces.

For question number 2 it seems there is a new thread here Stress analysis simulation on welded parts

I wrote a few words on weld analysis here:

Re: How are others calculating Welds in Creo Simulate?

Top Tags