cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

strange weld problems after upgrading from creo parameteric 7.0.2.0 to 8.0.6.0

WD_9815979
9-Granite

strange weld problems after upgrading from creo parameteric 7.0.2.0 to 8.0.6.0

after the update i found solid welds to still have the weld feature, but they are not shown... 

to fix this i had to go troug and open all welds, close them and regenerate the model.

the problem is with some but welds, for some reason if a intermitted butweld has 1 of the bits of weld cover the original chain selected, it is not shown when the other parst are generated in the 3d model.

for 1 interitted weld i had 11 welds and had it end and start with a weld, but the first and last one didnt show.

i kind of solved that by trimming the chain by 0.1mm making the weld not cover the original start and end.

but for this other weld i have used a short edge in the middle of a round bar and extended it to both ends, the only pice of weld  that dissapears is the one that happens to cover this original edge

can someone please fix this as butwelds are anoying enof to make were whenever i enter a value that makes the weld not work, it does not give a preview, basicly making me try to fix it blindfolded

missing weld.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

they fixed it in 8.0.9.0 and in creo 10

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

you should open case at PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

i did and i send them some files

i have not heard back yet but i thing something is messed up with the but weld feature

they fixed it in 8.0.9.0 and in creo 10

Top Tags