cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

summary: Drawing won't pull up until Assembly is running.

MartinBrown
3-Visitor

summary: Drawing won't pull up until Assembly is running.

Thanks to everyone who responded;
I have not had an opportunity to run down all the suggestions but I have a sneaking suspicion that Windchill issues may be the main culprit.
I did leave out some info last time about the workstations...
WF4 M092
Windchill 9.0 M030
Win XP 64 SP2
Xeon based with at least 8 GB ram.
NVIDIA FX3700

Summary so far...

Are you attempting to open the drawing from Windchill? I know that if you select the Open in Pro/ENGINEER icon, even the smallest of drawings take a ridiculously long time to open. This is regardless of whether or not the file is in your workspace. I always type in the filename in the open file dialog box. This probably isn't the issue, but if it is, it's an easy fix. I think when you select the Open in Pro/E icon, there's a java thing going on between the PLM system and Pro/E. Just my thoughts.

Jeff

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Martin,

Sorry I did not have a chance to jump in the other day. However, if your
drawing does not pull up (open) until the assembly is running it could be
caused by the references not being in session.

Check these config options:

retrieve_data_sharing_ref_parts

retrieve_merge_ref_parts

retrieve_instance_dependencies

Some of the "retrieve" config options will have an impact on performance.
However, they help to assure that you have the required files ready for
anything that might need them.

Tim McLellan
Mobius Innovation and Development, Inc.

All
I had a couple more responses - which I have tried but to no avail.
It still take 30 minutes to pull up the drawing.
I am beginning to think that it's common to WF4 - Terry's e-mail shed a bit of light on this. I tried the gct_enabled set to NO. And NO it didn't help!

Thanks again to all those who responded - I wish you all the best!

II am not sure if this applies but some true type fonts have an effect on performance.

David Brainsky
Chula Vista, Ca. 91910
Top Tags