cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

welding in pro e wildfire 5

ptc-5004141
1-Newbie

welding in pro e wildfire 5

hi, i'm using pro e wildfire 5. in the welding module. when i insert a fillet weld, only a single layer is formed. and when this geometry is imported to ansys, there is an error in ansys about those welding features. there is no thickness and mass shown in ansys... if anyone can help me plzzz

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Kashif,

Welding in Pro/ENGINEER and Creo does not create solid geometry. When you create a weld in Creo, it creates a surface feature and an associated annotation. The annotations can be used in 2D or 3D to document your weldment design and weld process, and the surface features contain information for accurate mass properties reporting in Creo. These weld surfaces can also be used for the purpose of connecting the geometry for analysis in Creo Simulate (formerly Pro/MECHANICA).

The creation of solid geometry with weld features is not currently possible, but it is under consideration for a future release.

Don

RadovanMíček
14-Alexandrite
(To:dbreda)

Hi Donald.

Is nice to see this info about solid weld feature. Many of our custommers need this functionality in Creo Parametric !!!

regards

Radovan

Software consultant.
Top Tags