cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

what is config option for control My appearance pallate default Name and Thumbnails

dg-2
6-Contributor

what is config option for control My appearance pallate default Name and Thumbnails

what is config option for control My appearance pallate default Name and Thumbnails. need to open this setting as default open in creo

Picture1.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:dg-2)

I use Creo 2 and in my start directory there is a file called "appearance.dmt" which defines the different appearances I see when I'm looking to set them for a model. I believe I wrote the file directly from the appearance manager. I defined a bunch of appearances and gave them names, then once I had all the ones I wanted, I saved them, etc. Hopefully that is what you are asking.

I'm not using a config option to load this file, but there is a parameter called "global_appearance_file" that can be set. If you peruse the "Colors" section of the config options there are a bunch of different settings available, maybe something pertinent.

doneill
12-Amethyst
(To:KenFarley)

Thanks - I had a heck of a time trying to figure out where it was looking for My Appearances.  

I appended and saved my appearances to my "Working Directory" and called it appearance.dmt.

Now when I start Creo it loads my appearances automatically.  

6-6-2019 1-27-26 PM.jpg

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:doneill)

We have a network installed appearance.dmt file that all users may use. It is loaded from the config.pro setting.

I have found since Creo2, that the system may not find the file the first time, so we have to manually navigate to the location and load it. After that it is no problem finding the file and loading at startup.

doneill
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

What is the config.pro setting?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:doneill)

pro_colormap_path 

It is a path pointer to the folder on disk that contains your appearance.dmt file.

Top Tags