cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

why does model disappear when trying to add blends?

sfletcher
1-Newbie

why does model disappear when trying to add blends?

I am using Creo direct modeling 19.0 and have a model of the thermoform tray with several cavities.  When I try to add a blend to any one of the edges, the model disappears.  Sometimes, in the structure tree, several copies of the model show up, but the screen is blank.  I have tried using constant and variable radii.  I cannot using extrude cut with the corner fillets in the 2D, because that yields a cone, because the cavity walls have a draft angle.  Also, almost every modification I make on the model turns it into a face part.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Sharon,

I'm not sure how to advise without seeing the object. Can you please provide a few screenshot of the model or the file itself?

Sorry, but I cannot share a photo, since the model is proprietary.  But consider it something similar to a seedling tray for plants.  The depressions have sharp edges that need blends.

I guess HP is under Support.

If so, you can log a Case with PTC Support and mark it as NDA - then PTC will initiate a very strict process

which guarantees that your data is kept proprietary.

If you are in assembly mode try config option - dim_inactive_components - (ref Creo 3.0 )

Yes more info will help, are you 3D or 2D?

Good hunting,

MaxR.Kublin
12-Amethyst
(To:shanus)

Sharon is using Creo Elements Direct, NOT CREO.

Sometimes it helps to export such a part as IGS and then import it again with high repair level.

What is the resolution of this part?

Is the radius eventually bigger than the wall thickness?

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
Top Tags