cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Security Alert Log4j Security Vulnerability. Click here to know more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does model disappear when trying to add blends?

sfletcher
1-Newbie

why does model disappear when trying to add blends?

I am using Creo direct modeling 19.0 and have a model of the thermoform tray with several cavities.  When I try to add a blend to any one of the edges, the model disappears.  Sometimes, in the structure tree, several copies of the model show up, but the screen is blank.  I have tried using constant and variable radii.  I cannot using extrude cut with the corner fillets in the 2D, because that yields a cone, because the cavity walls have a draft angle.  Also, almost every modification I make on the model turns it into a face part.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Sharon,

I'm not sure how to advise without seeing the object. Can you please provide a few screenshot of the model or the file itself?

Sorry, but I cannot share a photo, since the model is proprietary.  But consider it something similar to a seedling tray for plants.  The depressions have sharp edges that need blends.

I guess HP is under Support.

If so, you can log a Case with PTC Support and mark it as NDA - then PTC will initiate a very strict process

which guarantees that your data is kept proprietary.

If you are in assembly mode try config option - dim_inactive_components - (ref Creo 3.0 )

Yes more info will help, are you 3D or 2D?

Good hunting,

Sharon is using Creo Elements Direct, NOT CREO.

FriedhelmK
13-Aquamarine
(To:sfletcher)

Sometimes it helps to export such a part as IGS and then import it again with high repair level.

What is the resolution of this part?

Is the radius eventually bigger than the wall thickness?

Announcements