cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

xml BOM data?

lylebeidler
1-Newbie

xml BOM data?

Is it possible to get BOM information exported in an xml file?

We're currently on WF3 & intralink 3.4

--

Lyle Beidler
MGS Inc
178 Muddy Creek Church Rd
Denver PA 17517
717-336-7528
Fax 717-336-0514
<">mailto:-> -
<">http://www.mgsincorporated.com>
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Since there's a discussion on formats and templates, I wanted to chime in with a minor but frustrating issue. We currently create a drawing and add a format. Our title block info is driven from model parameters in tables in the format (although I don't think tables are necessary, but there are subtle differences in how parameters react). In addition we have drawing rev, version and release level parameters driven by Intralink.

I'm currently looking into combining the two so that when a template is chosen, the format's included (I realize we should have done this long ago)
Fig 1 shows the title block of a new drawing (with our original format imbedded in the template).
During creation, a model was added and it's the model's parameters that populate the title block. The rev and release level parameters are empty because the drawing hasn't been checked into Intralink yet. The model has been checked in (B.0). Fig 2 shows the model parameters when doing a "switch dims". This is exactly what I'm looking to accomplish.

I had to create a new format which is identical to the original (except that I had to create the format with metric units). When I added it to a new template the same way as originally, everything worked fine except that when creating a new drawing (again with model added), the parameters themselves showed, instead of the actual values (Fig 3). I had to switch dims twice to get the values to show (Fig 4).

I'm creating training material for new users and don't want to have to tell people to switch dims when creating a new drawing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Stefan

Fig 1
[cid:image001.jpg@01CCA3B3.72D64420]

Fig 2
[cid:image009.jpg@01CCA3B3.72D64420]

Fig 3
[cid:image010.jpg@01CCA3B3.72D64420]

Fig 4
[cid:image011.jpg@01CCA3B3.72D64420]
Top Tags