cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Creo schematics central catalog loading in Windchill

ptc-3298469
3-Visitor

Creo schematics central catalog loading in Windchill

I am using Creo Schematics 9.0 and Windchill 12.0.

I want to load my central catalog in Windchill, set the Windchill path as a root folder, and access library items from Creo schematics. Is it possible? If it's not possible, what is the best solution to access the central catalog when users are located across the different geographies?

2 REPLIES 2

We are using Schematics 7.0 and Windchill 12.0.2.2. To my knowledge what you are asking is not possible unless PTC has added some way to set Windchill as the catalog location. In 7.0 it is not possible.

BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-3298469)

That has been a request for quite a while.  
Time to plug the Routed Systems TC.  https://www.ptcuser.org/Technical-Committees/About-Technical-Committees
Things like this get discussed with some very knowledgeable people and even with Alex (product manager) to discuss solutions and new features.
Routed Systems is very open.  Anyone using Schematics or doing harness routing is encouraged to join.

We have a couple remote sites.  One was set up with a copy of the catalog.  Editing of the catalog was by a couple selected people at the main office, so the transfer only needed to be one way.

A site with only a couple people and very poor connection was set up to use remote log in to servers at the main office.  It improved the general operation of Schematics for them along with better access to the catalog.

Top Tags