cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Illustrate - Save view status

hdasilva
13-Aquamarine

Illustrate - Save view status

Is it possible to save view status on illiustrate like on Creo?

(See attachment)

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
agarland
15-Moonstone
(To:hdasilva)

Hi,

What status are you trying to save?

In illustrate you can save a figure view for each figure, this saves the camera view for that figure.

hdasilva
13-Aquamarine
(To:agarland)

Hello agarland,

The "save view status" on Creo Parametric, allow users to hide componentes on the assembly, and they stay allways hidden even if you click on "unhide all". This is very helpfull when we have skeletons or reference parts that we need but don't want to see.

I am having problems when I import a pvz to illustrate, because I work with very large assemblys and the parts that were hidden in Creo Parametric start showing up, and I cannot find a way to hide and save them.

Thanks

agarland
15-Moonstone

If these are parts that don't need to be in the sBOM then I would suggest going to structure edit and remove them from the sBOM altogether.

If you do still need them in the sBOM then you could try unloading them from the sBOM, this would stop them becoming visible again when you hit Unhide All.  You could even create a selection set with all the hidden parts to make it easy to control their visibility in the future.

Adrian

hdasilva
13-Aquamarine

Thanks agarland I will try that!

hdasilva
13-Aquamarine

I tried to use unload and delete the components from structure, but I keep having problems.

The components unload don't stay hidden, when I create steps on a sequence all components that were hidden become visible.

If I delete them from structure sometimes (not allways) they become unhide as well

agarland
15-Moonstone

Once you have unloaded the parts in a figure they shouldn't appear again unless you specifically load them.

Could you provide a video showing the issue and your workflow leading up to it?

hdasilva
13-Aquamarine

I will try to simulate this in a new assembly to publish.

The files I'm working on are confidential and I cannot publish them

Top Tags