cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Improve consistancy between Creo and Windchill

wstevens
4-Participant

Improve consistancy between Creo and Windchill

In the "New" dialogue box in Creo change the label of the "Name" field to be "File Name" since that actually what it is.  Then it will be consistent with what Windchill calls "File Name".

Secondly, change the "Common Name" title in the dialogue box to be simply "Name", again this would make it consistent with what Windchill labels "Name".  Not having these two attribute titles consistent between these to tools that are intimately integrated has caused untold amounts of discussion/confusion and mistakes.

Creo.png

12 REPLIES 12
MarkHeinze
6-Contributor
(To:wstevens)

Amen.

psobejko
12-Amethyst

Same goes for the File->Manage File->Rename dialog box.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

This might be a great place to list all the inconsistencies?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Wayne, vote up your own idea!

This has been an issue since Wildifre days and maybe earlier.

Steve, Too many to list in one thread and each should a separate thread so PTC can respond (and hopefully fix) to them all.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

That might be true.  The page would be a mile long.  🙂

DavidCobb
12-Amethyst

100% agree - we've seen all the threads on this topic and are still astounded by the amount of discussion/confusion this inconsistency drives.

This problem is the same for both starting a model as well as for mapkeys.  My comment on the following thread is summarized bellow:

name and common name

1) Starting a new part:

Name = Filename = Number

Common Name = Name

Mapkey config.pro file:

Mapkey_Label = Name

Mapkey_Name = Description

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"

Thank you for the ideas we are investigating and defining a solution, thanks, Jim

@JimBarrettSmith

About time, almost a year later for the response, but hey, better very late than ever.

I wanna tell you a big THANK, from me and probably thousands of other users who wonders how the hell can it take a year long to consider ideas from the community (wich btw, a lot are not even considered).

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Martin

apekim
5-Regular Member

@JimBarrettSmith When can the user community expect a solution to this? Mike

Tue, 17-04-18 09-38-00.png

In Creo 5.0 Name has been changed to File name

Common name is retained so that we do not confuse users especially those who do not use Windchill  

Top Tags