cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

SVG hidden construction geometry

RK_10475708
3-Visitor

SVG hidden construction geometry

I have an issue with saving as illustration file, namely as a SVG file.

The problem is that I have some surfaces and cosmetics in the model construction geometry in the C3DI which do not show in the SVG file, I tried checking the filters in the options (current figure and illustration) and the different SVG options and looking for the answer on your website without luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

All constructions are excluded from the HLR generation, so the behaviour you are seeing is expected.

This is done because in most scenarios' construction geometry is there for exactly that purpose 'construction' and is not expected to be seen in the published illustrations.

If you have a use case that requires the construction geometry to be seen in the published output, I suggest creating an idea on the forum so other users can vote for it if they also have a similar requirement.

Creo View / Illustrate / Schematics Ideas - PTC Community

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

Please specify which version of Creo Illustrate you are using.

creo illustrate 9.0

Hi,

All constructions are excluded from the HLR generation, so the behaviour you are seeing is expected.

This is done because in most scenarios' construction geometry is there for exactly that purpose 'construction' and is not expected to be seen in the published illustrations.

If you have a use case that requires the construction geometry to be seen in the published output, I suggest creating an idea on the forum so other users can vote for it if they also have a similar requirement.

Creo View / Illustrate / Schematics Ideas - PTC Community

Thank you for your quick and clear respons.

To be more specific: 

I work with Pvz files in Creo Illustrate 9.0.

The concerned parts that do show in Creo Illustrate are the "Model Construction Geometry Surfaces". 

The Pvz file does contain them and is not the problem. 

These parts do not however show in the Svg export. 

These "Model Construction Geometry Surfaces" concern parts we buy, for example a gearbox or an air filter. 

These parts are used in our Cad models, next to the parts we model ourselves. 

I am working on a parts catalogue and I need all parts to show in the Svg (an exploded view). 

Top Tags