cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Use callouts WITHIN insets

ptc-5415048
1-Newbie

Use callouts WITHIN insets

Hello,

Is it possible to create a callout within an inset? So the leader line should end within the inset area. Now, when I select an object within the inset and attach a callout to it, then the leader line of the inset points to the corresponding object in the main model, but not to the part within the inset. Because the inset is much more detailed it is better visible where the leader line of the callout points to.

We use this functionality a lot within our company, so this question is quite important to us.

Thanks in advance for your answer!

9 REPLIES 9

Hello, sorry for not understanding your question. But what do you mean with "inset"?

Hello,

I don't understand the use case. What is the goal to create a callout inside inset?

Regards

Christophe

Hi,

The idea is that I create a relatively small "overview" image of my design model.

I create relatively large Inset views that points to the overview image - in that way I can document where the detail is located.

In t the detailed Inset view I would like to be able to add annotations and callouts because this is where I actually can see the detailed design.

Regards,

Tommy

Hi,

Thanks for all the input. This is a known requirement and we are actively working to address this. It is planned that Creo Illustrate 3.0 M020 should have the ability to show callouts on Inset views

callout-on-inset.png

Regards

Tim

Thanks a lot Tim .

When do you expect M020 to "hit the street"?

Tommy

Tommy,

3.0 M020 is currently planned for mid-2014.

http://www.ptc.com/cs/product_calendar/PTC_Product_Calendar.htm

Regards

Tim

Thanks Tim

Was this feature created? Are there instructions for how it is done? I managed to do it once but now I cannot recreate the process of adding the callouts to the parts within the inset. Thanks.

agarland
15-Moonstone
(To:AC_10322515)

Yes, this feature has been available for a long time now.

Callouts can be added to parts in insets in exactly the same way as adding a callout to the part in the main view.

This short video shows the workflow.

Hope this helps.

Adrian

Top Tags