cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Using Creo View Express as a browser plugin

ptc-4556759
1-Newbie

Using Creo View Express as a browser plugin

Where can I find any documentation of how to configure and use the Creo View Express as a plugin in a webbrowser like Firefox.

So far I'm doing a

<embed height="100%" width="100%" name="plugin" src="nvidia-demo.pvz" type="application/x-pvlite9-ed">

It is displayed correctly but I want to disable the toolbar, for example.

Furthermore I need access to the JavaScript API to be able to communicate with the plugin.

I'm using Creo View Express, Version Creo 2.0, Datecode F000 build 23.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Thomas

9 REPLIES 9

Hi Thomas...

I'm not a web designer but I know where you can get some helpful documentation. I also know this documentation will show you how to enable Creo View without the toolbar. Log in to PTC.COM with your username and password and then try this link:

Link to PTC.COM Creo View

Clink the "+" next to the desired version of Creo View. I'd go with 1.0. Even if you're running Wildfire 2-5, Creo View 1.0 will still read all those legacy files so it's safe to go with this one.

Under Creo 1.0, you'll see software for Creo View Client and Creo View Toolkits. Download the TOOLKITS. Inside this toolkit bundle, you'll get 3 sets of documentation. One will cover how to embed Creo View into Microsoft Office documents. The second will give you information on embedding and extending Creo View functionality using Javascript (for Web Development). The final document covers working with Creo View directly in Java.

You'll need a special license to actually use Creo View (standard licensed edition) with some of these features. For instance, I know the Microsoft option requires a special license. However, I'm sure these documents can help you decipher how to embed Creo View Express and work with the controls through Javascript.

Or... maybe I should restate that. If it's possible, I'm sure these guides will help you toward that goal.

When you download the installation package, be sure to uninstall any currently installed versions of Creo View or ProiductView first. The installation will ask you to completely reinstall Creo View as it's also installing the demo data, documentation, and other resources required for the toolkit.

If you need any further guidance, please let me know... I'll do my best to help. I'd be curious to see what you're building using the Javascript API.

Thanks and good luck...

-Brian

Brian Martin wrote:

... then try this link:

Link to PTC.COM Creo View

Correct link is: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=DVV

Ahh... thanks for catching that Vladimir!

No problem. I have also attached to the message "Creo View 2.0 Java Toolkit Developer’s Guide" and "Creo View 2.0 Web Toolkit Developer’s Guide".

Hello Brian and Vladimir.

Thanks a lot for your help and for posting the links to the download area and to the documentation pdfs.

Unfortunately there is still one problem. In order to be able to download the toolkit, you need at least a customer account which I do not have.

We are a software agency building the web application for one of our customers. Our customer could not yet supply us with the necessary login information.

So my question is if it would be possible to post a direct download link to the pvlaunch.js javascript file which is part of the web toolkit?

Then it should be possible to build everything I need.

Thanks a lot again for your help.

Thomas

Hi Thomas...

There is no way I can post a direct link to the file if it's in the "customer's only" area. Any link to that file would also require a login which, you've already stated, you don't have right now.

Let's discuss this offline. Check your email...

Thanks!

-Brian

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-4556759)

After almost 12 month I am facing the same problem with Creo View Express 2.0.

Here is my code:

<embed height="400px" width="400px"

src="c:/_CAD_work/workspaces/test-creo-weblink/lego.drw.6"

type="application/x-pvlite9-ed" />

I also tried this, but it would not load the part /drawing:

<OBJECT type="application/x-pvlite9-ed"

id="pvx_id" height="400" width="800" >

<param name="pvcname" id="PvxFileNameParam"

value="c:/_CAD_work/workspaces/test-creo-weblink/lego.prt.6"></param>

<param name="frameRate" value="1"/>

</OBJECT>

How can I use the browser plugin and get rid of those ribbons / panels?

Cheers

Mat

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:Mat)

it turns out, that both codes (<embed> & <object>) do not work.

I tested those with IE 32bit, but Creo 2.0 uses IE64bit.

starting again from scratch...

LarsBjors
6-Contributor
(To:Mat)

Hi

A little late, but still (it javascript since I am trying to make a weblink application for this)

I got it to work using both OBJECT and embed:

function openPVZ_old(fileName)  {

var theString = "";

PVZwindow = document.getElementById("PVZwindow");

PVZwindow.innerHTML = theString;

if(fileName!=="none"){   

theString += "<OBJECT id='pvx_id'";

theString += "height='900' width='900' type='application/pvz' data='"+fileName+"'>";

theString += "</OBJECT>";

theString += "<br>";

}

}

function openPVZ(fileName)  {

var theString = "";

if(fileName!=="none"){   

theString += "<embed";