cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

editing and regeneration of parts

korr
6-Contributor

editing and regeneration of parts

When "editing" a dimension on the screen in part mode (pick feature, RMB edit), it regenerates to give you a preview.

Then if you like it, it regenerates AGAIN.  WHY???????

Then, once you are done editing, you must regenerate 3 more times to get the green light? (probably because of relations and paramters).

Does PTC realize how much extra time this takes to regenerate 5 times?

The best way around this I have found -- and it only cuts 1 regeneration -- is to redefine the feature you want to edit instead of editing it.

If it fails you still get a chance to "undo" it.

You would think that PTC would have this figured out.

Have I metioned that I absolutelly HATE CREO!!!!!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:korr)

Regeneration has some real issues.  There are still occasions when Creo thinks everything is up to date but you know they are not (specifically relation/parameter updates) and you cannot force the regen.  Over the years, little handles were put into the software to manage specific cases but the general user community doesn't understand them or even know they exist.

Type in "regen" in the options find dialog and see the minor tweaks available.

I think users could use a regen analysis windows that shows the current state as the system sees it; maybe even dynamic where you can omit certain features from the regen process until such time you can go take a break... like auto-rounds.

Quit bandaiding the process and go robust with user interaction.

Top Tags