cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

About ready to light the fuse.....Animation wierdness #2

DeanLong
10-Marble

About ready to light the fuse.....Animation wierdness #2

Keep an eye open for the mushroom cloud developing over South Florida in about an hour.

To avoid a crisis I need to get answers to the following questions:

#1 WHY does my servo motor speed driving my gear traindecrease when a transparency is applied to part in the assembly?

#2 WHERE is the Save Animation to Mpeg function hidden now in Creo2?Wouldn'tit be simple to add a big friggin "SAVE TO MPEG" icon in plain sight? Hell we have big friggin icons for EVERYTHING ELSE...why not that?

#3 WHY did I have RECREATE the transparencyat time waypoints ofan unrelated partwithout using the MDO playback import for the "Ignore Surface Properties" to stay unchecked?

#4 WHEN does retirement start to alieviate me from this STOOOOOOPIDITY?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Blender. Even if you don't use it, it shows how animation could work.

x

David,

Is Blender still open source?

Blender is so open that when you go to select a command on a menu, it can (often) show you the code that it will execute to run that command. I swear,if the Blender people ever get the idea to create a decent drawing package it will easily compete with PTC, just as soon as PTC creates a decent drawing package. Foghorn Leghorn voice - "That's a joke, I say, that's a joke, son."

From Blender.org - Blender is an open source project licensed under the GNU GPL. All code is written in C, C++ and Python.

Python, why is it always Python? (Indiana Jones fans, anyone?)
x

David,

I had that very thought a while ago. Give me a 2D drawing function within Blender and I might give it a look!

I wonder what it would take to get an open source MCAD solution off the ground? I mean judging by the awesomefunctions within Blender, static CAD models has to be a piece of cake.

Top Tags