cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

CREO Mechanism (MDX & MDO) CAM-connection tip

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

CREO Mechanism (MDX & MDO) CAM-connection tip

Lately I have been spending some time creating assemblies that are able to lift from or rotate on a floor.

For this I use cam connection with the "liftoff" option activated. After a lot of simulating with cams that didnt seem to work, i found out you should only start your simulation when the model is fully regenerated (green light), only after that the cams will do what they should.

Another tip: if you see your mechanism going bad during simulation, you should press the red "terminate" button at the bottom of the screen a few times, and it will actually stop.

A question: when should u use cam-connection and when 3d-contacts?

Ps. the learning curve of creating mechanism is ridiculous: there are too many windows to go trough before you can play-back the simulation. And you cant group simulations to get a cleaner interface .

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags