cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Control Weld Feature Mesh Size

bafoster84
11-Garnet

Control Weld Feature Mesh Size

Hello Creo Simulate Community!

I am running a static structural analysis on a block placed into a slot and welded. My area of interest is the weld. I am using a weld feature from the Welding Application. When I look at the results, there are singularities near the weld (reentrant corners). When I try to isolate the edges of the slot for exclusion, all the elements that make up the weld are also excluded. I have tried using the mesh control for a component, but weld features not considered to be a component. Is there a way to control the welds mesh size that I am maybe missing?

Thank you all for your consideration on this question.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Attached is the assembly. It uses solid welds. I am using Creo 4 M090. My current solution to the issue is to use "Maximum Element Size Control" and select the surface of the solid weld (instead trying to select the "component" or volume), but maybe there is a better solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello, first of all I would ask you any pics or assembly.
In second time, which release do you use? Did you do solid welds or the "old ones" with surfaces?
Did you try to set geometry tolerances bigger and/or assolute?

Attached is the assembly. It uses solid welds. I am using Creo 4 M090. My current solution to the issue is to use "Maximum Element Size Control" and select the surface of the solid weld (instead trying to select the "component" or volume), but maybe there is a better solution.

Hi you could try to use Mapped Mesh tool but, in my opinion, it's more easy (and at the end the result is more or less the same) usa a right maximum elements size control.
The right value you can find it only through iterative procsess...

Top Tags