cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo 2 - merging curves

egifford
4-Participant

Creo 2 - merging curves

Anyone have suggestions for merging sketched curves in Creo 2 Parametric? Weve done this on a fairly regular basis in Wildfire 4, but now the instructions in Creo state "Click Restyle > Combine, select a curve, select another curve" When I choose Restyle, it tells me I don't have a license for that function. Is there another way to merge curves?

Erik

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
egifford
4-Participant
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Found the answer on the ptcuser board - Composite Curves is what it's called. Go here for the how to - actually very simple.

Erik

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Look at datum reference and its intent curve or intent chain type.

The only other place I know that merge curves exist is the import data doctor.

egifford
4-Participant
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Found the answer on the ptcuser board - Composite Curves is what it's called. Go here for the how to - actually very simple.

Erik

It seems like PTC is hiding this feature although it works as described in Creo (using Ctrl C and Crtl V) but makes a copy feature.

I don't see any commands that create a composite curve.

However, the Reference datum Intent Curve option does the same thing.

Hold down ALT (or geometry filter) and select one curve or edge. Then copy + paste and you'll enter the composite curve selection where you can add to the original curve or edge. If you select a feature instead of geometry it enters the feature copy.

It would be much more intuitive if there was composite curve button which would allow you to start selecting geometry without the hastle of ALT and CTRL C, CTRL V...etc.

Right, I was just saying that it is likely that the intent curve option in Datum References probably replaces the Composite Curve feature. It does the same thing and does not require the awkward copy/paste. In a way, they did try to address your intuitive interface request. Of course, us old salts just know to look for the old dialogs.

A word from a PTC support member would be nice to clarify. (hint hint!)

Sorry, my bad. It is interesting that in what little documentation that exists on these two features, they appear to have identical functionality. I'm also curious to know what differences exist.

Top Tags