cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo Elements Direct Customizations

mwick
4-Participant

Creo Elements Direct Customizations

I am having difficulty with having Creo Elements Direct 18.1 reading my AM_CUSTOMIZE file. I am getting the same response no matter what I try.

LISP error: The function AM..... (no matter what function I am trying to load) is undefined.

What am I missing? Is it syntax in the file? Do I need to define something ahead of time?

I am new to Creo and this file is a copy of the one that has been used for years. It works in 15.50 but we are upgrading to 18.1 so I am guessing there has been changes, but I need help "upgrading" this file.

Please help

Thanks in Advance,

Mike

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
GaryLinscheid
15-Moonstone
(To:mwick)

You should now set these preferences in the default settings interface.1.jpg

mwick
4-Participant
(To:GaryLinscheid)

But wouldn't I have to do that at each individual machine? I would like to serve out these settings to all users and be able to make 1 change and have them all see it. Similar to how we do it with our Parametric install.

I have read through the customization help documentation and it is possible, but I must be missing something. I just don't know what.

Thanks,

Mike

GaryLinscheid
15-Moonstone

I have all our "global" settings located on a network share that is read only to users. Each user has a personal network share location where any of their personal settings are located.

A batch file is used to start Elements/Direct and pointers are set to load these settings. With this setup you only make a change in one place and all users are updated.

Batch file looks similar to this.

set SDSITECUSTOMIZEDIR="global location"

set SDUSERCUSTOMIZEDIR="user location"

"C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo Elements\Direct Modeling 18.1\SD.exe" -e SDLANG=english "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo Elements\Direct Modeling 18.1\binx64\SolidDesigner.exe"

mwick
4-Participant
(To:GaryLinscheid)

I have a system variable that defines the Corp Customization location, and it is reading that location on startup, it is just not reading the AM_CUSTOMIZE file in the ANNOTATION directory properly.

GaryLinscheid
15-Moonstone

I believe the commands that are giving you issues and no longer valid and should be set with the newer setting screen.

You can look in the help under documentation for advanced users and select the Intergration Kit link. There you will find a link to command syntax changes.

Top Tags