cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo inputs and output

BT_10780541
4-Participant

Creo inputs and output

Are there any ideal parameter's that we need to pass from Creo Parametric to engineering notebook (Mathcad worksheet) and relatively the input parameter's from engineering book to Creo Parametric? I want to design helical gears and do the calculation part in engineering notebook can this be done? 

Design with engineering notebook 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have a solution to make sure the units coming back from Mathcad Prime get converted to the Creo units set in the CAD model - courtesy of PTC experts! The trick is to make sure you check the box for 'Unit Sensitive" here:

ChrisKaswer_0-1701895614303.png

One important thing to make sure you do - before you establish the Mathcad Prime link and push values back into Creo, you must first define any Creo parameter that will be set by values coming back from Mathcad - before they come back for the 1st time. This way you will be able to select the unit you wish them to be set to before the Mathcad push sets it to whatever they are on the Prime side. This first-time definition of the value can simply be "zero".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Yes, Creo does this.

https://support.ptc.com/help/mathcad/r9.0/en/index.html#page/PTC_Mathcad_Help/about_mathcad_and_proe_integration.html

1. Create the embedded Mathcad using the Creo Applications tab - mathCad icon

2. In mathcad there is an area called integration on the Input/Output tab where you assign input and output regions and the show as list command to review/change the alias.

SweetPeasHub_1-1701702129226.png

3. Save and push from Mathcad.

4. Review Creo parameters (look in embedded MathCAD)

SweetPeasHub_2-1701702249727.png

Place in relations using the insert parameter button to parametrize your model. (or note the syntax as ALIAS:MATHCAD )

SweetPeasHub_4-1701703318248.png

Its not smart about units, does not auto convert from the m to mm.

Units from MathCAD were set to SI. It does not account for my worksheet showing the units as mm.

This unit issue is something we've run into very recently - I've engaged Creo technical experts and Mathcad leadership about the default system units and its potential incompatibility with Creo units. For now, we seem to be stuck with using units in Creo that are identical to what can be selected in Mathcad Prime as the default system unit set.

I'll try to remember to post here again if/when we see a resolution to this conflict...I hope sooner than later!

I have a solution to make sure the units coming back from Mathcad Prime get converted to the Creo units set in the CAD model - courtesy of PTC experts! The trick is to make sure you check the box for 'Unit Sensitive" here:

ChrisKaswer_0-1701895614303.png

One important thing to make sure you do - before you establish the Mathcad Prime link and push values back into Creo, you must first define any Creo parameter that will be set by values coming back from Mathcad - before they come back for the 1st time. This way you will be able to select the unit you wish them to be set to before the Mathcad push sets it to whatever they are on the Prime side. This first-time definition of the value can simply be "zero".

I did go through the link but I am not getting the correct results and mostly Creo Part fails. Do you have any sample example with helical gears integrating with Creo?

Is it possible you could share your helical gear model? It has been a while since I did helical gears so it would take some looking around to find one and it was done using parameters that were not controlled by MathCad.

Top Tags