cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Dynamic Frequency Analysis - test data as input

rd4rdm
6-Contributor

Dynamic Frequency Analysis - test data as input

I have a question regarding importing test data as a driving function for Dynamic Frequency Analysis  (DFA) uding ascii format. I get the following error when I try to import the data. I can export the data in ascii format using diff delimitors (tab, space, comma, colon etc) but nothing seems to work. 

Any suggestions regarding Creo capabilities (I am using Creo 4) or if I need to change data format somehow ?

Also if someone has ran Dynamic Frequency or Time analysis in Creo with actual test data, are there any best practices to follow, reference material or lessons learnt ?

many thanks !

DFA_Ascii error.jpgDFA_Ascii Format.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

text.JPG

Create Tab FileCreate Tab File

I am also learning with this but here are my observations.

Include modes well beyond frequencies of interest (>10x).  always include  >80% mass participation in direction(s) of interest.

damping as realistic as you can define. 

input function - recording sample rate also well beyond frequencies of interest (>10x frequency of interest)

watch out for non-linear situations.  (material, contact or boundary changes, etc)

Top Tags