cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Gas springs in Mechanism

Pettersson
13-Aquamarine

Gas springs in Mechanism

Hi. Does anyone know of a way to simulate gas springs in Mechanism analyses in Creo? I can do regular springs, with a spring constant, but how can I model a gas spring with force and progressivity values? Do I recalculate these values into a spring constant and a relaxed length, and will this even be accurate? Anyone know of a guide or equation to use for this? I'd love to do it in Creo relations so I can optimize on the actual gas spring values.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is a fairly simple problem to solve. You can create a user defined force that is a function of any other measure. Start by creating a measure for the response output you need to have your forcing function be dependent on. Then create a force with a user defined relation and make it dependent on this pre-defined measure. That should do it. This approach has worked for me countless times in the past. Optimization should be straightforward as well, once you have your forcing function established.

Good Luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This is a fairly simple problem to solve. You can create a user defined force that is a function of any other measure. Start by creating a measure for the response output you need to have your forcing function be dependent on. Then create a force with a user defined relation and make it dependent on this pre-defined measure. That should do it. This approach has worked for me countless times in the past. Optimization should be straightforward as well, once you have your forcing function established.

Good Luck!

Ah, of course, good thinking. That's a clever way to solve it, and I guess I can create all sorts of forces that way. Very useful! Thank you.

Top Tags