cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Half baked crash...

ptc-1954484
1-Newbie

Half baked crash...

Sometimes my Pro/E (Wildfire 4) will exit without warning but checking my task manager shows that xtop is still running and using memory. I can't work out anyway to reactivate rather than ending the process (so i don't end up stealing all the licences) and restarting Pro/E losing everything in memory. Any thoughts? Although as i went to minimise this mozilla window it has reactivated the Pro/E session... what the? doesn't always work out so nicely as that though.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Not much help, unless there is comfort in knowing we have the problem also. Out of 7 stations we have only one user who experiences this issues, running 64 bit Vista. It really appears to be more of a Windows issue than a Pro/E issue. We upgraded to Pro/E 5.0 and the problem doesn't seem as bad, soon we'll upgrade to Windows 7 and hope for the best. It just seems to be how they share and release resources. Like I said, probably not much help. Bruce
Top Tags