cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to change viewing aspects of a product?

rbast
1-Newbie

How to change viewing aspects of a product?

Creo 2.0
I have a large solid of an assembly.  Certain areas need to be colored for identification.  I cannot get to all the surfaces because by turning the model other parts of the solid block my view.  Is there a way to get in close enough that other parts won't interfere with what I am seeing.  These are not separate parts so I cannot open them into a new window by themselves.  In my native program Catia I can switch between perspective and parallel.  Parallel is what the general viewer in Creo acts like.  Perspective allows one to get in close without interference from other parts.  Kind of like a flythrough function.  Is there a function inCreo that allows for this?  Will it work in the render tool?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:rbast)

So if I am understanding correctly, you want to select something behind another item or surface?

For surface selection, change the selection filter in the bottom LH corner to geometry, then put the mouse over the area where the surface is that you want to select and right mouse button click until the surface you want highlights. You can also  RMB click and hold and in the RMB popup, select "pick from list" to get a listing of surface in the area of the mouse pointer.

I may be way off base from what you are asking that this makes no sense, if so, please feel free to roll up a newspaper and hit me on the head with it!!!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

in your model tree, select the offending model(s) (multiple select, hold down the ctrl key)

RMB > hide

to restore

RMB > unhide

It's multiple parts in a dumb solid, an IGES.  If I hide the offending parts I also hide what I am working on.  But I still need to color individual parts on that solid using surface rendering.  I just colored what could be seen because what cannot be seen, won't be seen for the same reason I have the issue for my project. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:rbast)

So if I am understanding correctly, you want to select something behind another item or surface?

For surface selection, change the selection filter in the bottom LH corner to geometry, then put the mouse over the area where the surface is that you want to select and right mouse button click until the surface you want highlights. You can also  RMB click and hold and in the RMB popup, select "pick from list" to get a listing of surface in the area of the mouse pointer.

I may be way off base from what you are asking that this makes no sense, if so, please feel free to roll up a newspaper and hit me on the head with it!!!!

Hi Richard, did you check to see if the parts are on levels?

Top Tags