cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to draw / create a beam between different x-y-z-coordinates

Ion90
1-Newbie

How to draw / create a beam between different x-y-z-coordinates

IMG_7940.JPG

Hello together,

i hope that this sketch can descripe my problem.
I am trying to create in my own model a bar (yellow in this picture) between the "foot-bar" and the "standing bar. I have calculated the length of every corner of the bar in my x-y-z-axis with trignometric formula and tried to combine my yellow-bar with the "foot-bar" and the "standing bar" but it doesn´t work...

My question is with which function/ method i cand build a bar and let it combine with the "foot-bar" and the "standing-bar" by itself so that creo is automatically creating the right dimensions for my yellow bar. Or with other words, what´s the easiest way to solve my problem 🙂

I thank you for every answer in advance

Many greets,

Ion

1 REPLY 1
dbasile
8-Gravel
(To:Ion90)

You could create a point on the horizontal beam at one attachment point and a point on the vertical beam at the other attachment point. Then create a curve  "Through Points" from one to the other. Then make a sweep along that curve with your desired cross-section. You may then need to do some cleanup at the ends so they match the bars they are attaching to. The curve will update if your start and finish points change position due to changes on either bar, no trigonometry required.

Good luck!

Top Tags