cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to simulate concrete as material in Creo Simulate

Vlad979150
2-Guest

How to simulate concrete as material in Creo Simulate

Hello

I looked and I search and didn't find any references to this.

Is it posible ? and if yes, how would you define a composite material such as concrete in a simulate analysis?

As a start I was thinking of setting the material properties, I got this far

Vlad979150_0-1646902489554.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sacquarone
20-Turquoise
(To:Chris3)

Hello @Vlad979150 

I was personnaly not aware of the terminology "Concrete", but if my understanding is correct, you ar trying to configure a composite material composed of fine and coarse aggregate bonded together with a fluid cement (cement paste) that hardens (cures) over time. 

If you confirm this understanding:

• "Concrete"materials are currently not supported in Creo Simulate
  • But you may find useful techniques to neverthless probably achieve this purpose in article 95793. From this article, there is 2 links on Suggested Techniques. Please consider that they are a bit old, so that pages do not render properly. But if you scroll down the pages, you'll find the kind of information you're hopefully looking for.

Hope this helps as next step,

Regards,

Serge

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Vlad979150)

I am not sure you will find a good answer to this. Aside from being a composite, there are different grades of concrete and different applications (ie does your application have rebar?).

Usually with composites you get test data that directly corresponds to the scenario you are trying to analyze. For instance if you are trying to measure something in compression vs tension vs bending then you would have test data to determine the relevant properties for those cases. We often run multiple cases with different properties (ie dynamic vs static) depending on what we are trying to get out of the analysis.

sacquarone
20-Turquoise
(To:Chris3)

Hello @Vlad979150 

I was personnaly not aware of the terminology "Concrete", but if my understanding is correct, you ar trying to configure a composite material composed of fine and coarse aggregate bonded together with a fluid cement (cement paste) that hardens (cures) over time. 

If you confirm this understanding:

• "Concrete"materials are currently not supported in Creo Simulate
  • But you may find useful techniques to neverthless probably achieve this purpose in article 95793. From this article, there is 2 links on Suggested Techniques. Please consider that they are a bit old, so that pages do not render properly. But if you scroll down the pages, you'll find the kind of information you're hopefully looking for.

Hope this helps as next step,

Regards,

Serge

Top Tags