cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Imparting a rotational prescribed displacement in a contact analysis using large deflections.

AC_10616694
3-Visitor

Imparting a rotational prescribed displacement in a contact analysis using large deflections.

Hello all.

Long time Creo user and lurker of these forums. Currently on creo 9 with integrated simulate (not ansys)

I have a model of a ball joint made out of 3 pieces of cast aluminium. I have designed an early version of a clamping bracket that i want to make from spring steel.

One end of the bracket is fixed to the internals of the aluminium housing body for the ball joint, and the other end will rotate down and be pulled into position by a bolt and a barrel nut. In between these are some formed flanges that will contact and deflect on the ball joint faces as its tightened down.

I know the angle of rotation i need to achieved in a prescribed rotational deflection i need to achieve to have this plate reach its final affixed position. I know there will be "large" deformation.

However i cannot use the check box to interpret the rotation as radians...so how do i tell it to roate?

The input box still says theta...do i put in degrees? arc length?

the simulation takes too long to experiement and try and work out what it is you put in there.

I cant understand why you cant just tell it what amount of degrees you want it to rotate!

I thought id ask you lovely people.!!

Thanks

Adam C

5 REPLIES 5

I should clarify that this is also a contact analysis, so by default, it is non linear. I have fairy course mesh and i was hoping to use quick check with low accuracy but i am forced to use medium accuracy when large deformation is not checked. I am running the sim with large deformations unticked in the mean time but it is taking hours.

Hello skunks

When i try that i get this 

AC_10616694_0-1720104612316.png

Yes, that is simply not possible
Please see the example from SweetPeasHub

Announcements

Top Tags