cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Is it possible to create a drawing from an old family table instance version?

cedroneg
6-Contributor

Is it possible to create a drawing from an old family table instance version?

Hello,

I have a family table with different instances that are made up of different key design features. Originally we sent out one of these instances to be molded. At this point this instance was at A.1, now after some consideration we have made some minor changes for later on but want to stick with the initial A.1 design. My issue is that I need to modify the drawing from this A.1 iteration to add something but it is updated to the newest A.4 iteration. I am unsure how to go about doing that. I am able to see the entire history of the model on windchill but I get an error when I try to open it locally. 

Conflict Management

Cannot update the workspace Workspace on NATRIX. It would cause the family with generic eng-0000030725.prt to become incompatible.

Is there any way I can take this model and modify my drawing based on it? Any help would be appreciated, please let me know if you need any further clarification.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You should have an option to retrieve the drawing iteration that was saved earlier, with the part iteration a1, from windchill into your workspace. You should then be able to modify and save the files as the latest versions.

You might need to remove the conflicting file versions from your workspace first.

Try retreiving into a new (empty) workspace folder.

As you know, you need the right windchill permissions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:cedroneg)

You will never be able to modify A.1 and keep it A.1!!!

Every time you check in a file to Windchill, the iteration (Y in x.Y) increases.

It looks like someone else has checked in your part 3 times since you last did, thus A.4 in Windchill common space, but you still have A.1 in your workspace.

The only resolution is a) a new part number or b) update your workspace to the latest iteration and make your mods from there.

Can you promote A.1 to A.5?

You should have an option to retrieve the drawing iteration that was saved earlier, with the part iteration a1, from windchill into your workspace. You should then be able to modify and save the files as the latest versions.

You might need to remove the conflicting file versions from your workspace first.

Try retreiving into a new (empty) workspace folder.

As you know, you need the right windchill permissions.

Top Tags