cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Listing or exporting filenames with extensions (versions) within an assembly

KenL.Nunn
4-Participant

Listing or exporting filenames with extensions (versions) within an assembly

I would like to get a list/output from an assembly that includes the file extension/version.

When exporting via File; Manage_Session; Object_List; or Tools; Bill_of_Materials; the list is like:

Parts
-----
HSG_THROT-BOD_108_LS3_10247
BEARING_DGB_METRIC_GENERIC
BRG_DGB_10X19X5_61800
SNAP-RING_INT_METRIC_GENERIC
SNAP-RING_INT_019_M2300-0190
BRG_DGB_12X24X6_61901

What Iseek is:

Parts
-----
HSG_THROT-BOD_108_LS3_10247.prt.14
BEARING_DGB_METRIC_GENERIC.prt.28
BRG_DGB_10X19X5_61800.prt.28
SNAP-RING_INT_METRIC_GENERIC.prt.7
SNAP-RING_INT_019_M2300-0190.prt.7
BRG_DGB_12X24X6_61901.prt.28

Or ... even better would be a function like File; Save_As; Save_As_Backup; that did not reset the extension to *.1

Any suggestions?

Ken

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I usually extract the information by exporting the family tree which allows more information, like type.

I think there is no internal notion of version number; the software simply increments by one whatever the highest version number is in the target directory. This prevents conflicts where two users open the same version file, make changes and save back. Last one to save gets the higher number even though they both started from the same version.

x

The software knows the version number of the files that are open; it's displayed in the title bar if you set the config option "display_full_object_path" to "yes"

I'm not sure that it's possible to extract that information, however.

[cid:image001.png@01CFC042.0F148010]

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
KenL.Nunn
4-Participant
(To:KenL.Nunn)

Thanks for the responses.

We dont have/use Windchill so I am left to more "raw" processes.

Is there a published list of internal parameters for Creo 2 (M110 or later). Perhaps I can find something in there.

Ken

Top Tags