cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Non-linear analysis with contacts and multiple load sets

ptc-6362412
1-Newbie

Non-linear analysis with contacts and multiple load sets

I am running a static non-linear analysis with a contact interface and 3 load sets. The setup for the analysis does not give me the choice of summing the load sets, and the results do not give me the choice of which load set to view the results for. Does a non-linear analysis automatically sum load sets? If I only want to view one load set, do I have to run it with only that load?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Load summation is based off of the linear superposition principle, which is not valid in a non-linear analysis. I believe that Mechanica will sum all of the load sets together for the non-linear analysis, but I'm not entirely sure, so I'd double-check.

Top Tags