cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

PRO E ADVANCED DRAWING TABLE QUESTION

ptc-4610314
2-Guest

PRO E ADVANCED DRAWING TABLE QUESTION

I cannot figure out how to make a parametric driven table that has limits. I understand how to use the repeat region function, but am unsure how to create a driven table that looks like the picture attached.

Thank you

DRAWING+TABLE.PNG

9 REPLIES 9

Those look like limit dimensions. Both values are part of one dimension feature.

Any dimension you put into the table should be able to have its properties set to "Limit" but before you change this parameter, set the plus and minus separately or you won't be able to change it.

They are limit dimensions, in the part they are set to a properties name of "A", in the family table it just shows the nominal, subsequently in the drawing table doing a repeat region on "a" only shows the nominal.

I found a slight side around to setting up the dimension as a +/- value allows me to family table a tp(#) and tm(#) value. Then chart and drive this. It gets the job done, but i would prefer it to be a driven limit toleranced value.

That is strange. A limit dimension is only the &d# value.

I don't know enough about family tables to understand how that sample version is formatted.

To show limit dimension in a drawing table do the following:

1. 1. Create two parameters (upper & lower limits)
  2. 2. Write relations to solve for the parameters (upper equal nominal plus tp / lower equal nominal minus tm)
  3. 3. Family table add nominal, tp, tm, upper_limit, and lower_limit
  4. 4. Enter values in family table for nominal, tp, and tm
  5. 5. Verify family table (upper_limit and lower_limit will now be populated)
  6. 6. On drawing; create a simple repeat region table. The first repeat region should be the entire row below the column headers. The first column in the row should be the drawing option and all subsequent columns in the initial repeat region should have a new repeat region
  7. 7. Apply the appropriate filters to the repeat regions
  8. 8. On the drawing table use 3 columns.
    1. a. The first column will contain &fam.inst.param.value; the filter for this column is &fam.inst.param.name==UPPER_LIMIT
    2. b. The second column will contain “-“
    3. c. The third column will contain &fam.inst.param.value; the filter for this column is &fam.inst.param.name==LOWER_LIMIT
  9. 9. Merge the column header for the 3 cells associated with the required set of limit dimensions
  10. 10. Select the table; then select line display for the line in the repeat region between columns a-b and b-c (see step 8 above)

...and for the dual dim part of the field?

For dual dimensioning

Goto the table tab, repeat region, relations, click the tab that you want dual dimensions (if you want the table completely dual dimensioned you will need to do this for all of your pereat regions, but ctrl-c, ctrl-v is a life saver). A relations window will pop up add

IF fam_inst_raram_value<>0

CONVERT=fam_inst_param_value *25.4

ENDIF

Hit OK, and yes they are underscores, not periods.

Right click on the repeat region you just added the relation to, the value should already be;

&fam.inst.param.value

Add this text

[&rpt.rel.convert[.2]]

So the line reads

&fam.inst.param.value [&rpt.rel.convert[.2]]

The [.2] controls the amount of decimal places, take it in or out to the required amount of precision.

Robin,

I tried what you suggested and it yeilded an empty bracket. It seems like the parameter CONVERT is not being correctly recalled for me. The formula below was accepted by the local relation editor for the repeat region...

IF fam_inst_param_value<>0

CONVERT=fam_inst_param_value/25.4

ENDIF

But when I modified the cell text (by clicking "Properties") to read...

&fam.inst.param.value [&rpt.rel.convert[.2]]

The cell display changed from "205.0" to "205.0 []". Nothing appeared in the brackets. Any idea where I went wrong?

Thanks!

Vince,

When you are adding:

IF fam_inst_param_value<>0

CONVERT=fam_inst_param_value/25.4

ENDIF

Are you adding it to the relations under TOOLS > RELATIONS, or TABLE> REPEAT REGIONS> RELATIONS?

You need to add it to the relations tab under the repeat regions drop down table, and select it for every column you would like to have dual dimensioned.

Vince,

I am adding the relation in the Table > Repeat Region > Relations selection, but as well I am getting the brackets empty.

I am attaching images to show what I have done and the results.

Dennis

Top Tags