cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Pattern Table READ FUNCTION

TonyZ
1-Newbie

Pattern Table READ FUNCTION

I am trying to create a pattern using coordinates. I have the corridates in EXCEL. I cannot PASTE the data into a Pattern table. I am using WF4. I see that the TABLE has a function to READ from a file, but that is a PBT.FILE from PRO-E. Would anyone know how I can enter data from EXCEL. It is too much data to type. Thanks your feedback!
4 REPLIES 4

I don't think you can copy paste from Excel into Pro/TABLE. I'd save out the Excel file as a space delimited text file. Make sure you include an index column as the first column before saving. Then, you can save out your Pro/TABLE file as a .ptb file. Open the .ptb file in a text editor like notepad and copy paste from you Excel outputed text file into the .ptb file. Save it, and then read the file in while in the Pro/TABLE editor for your pattern. I know it's a pain. Hopefully PTC will be improving this in future releases.

You can cut and paste from individual cells, just not a block like you'd like. I do this all the time.

I've just been told that in Wildfire 5 there's a new config.pro option to change the editor to Excel. The option is part_table_editor and you can set the value to excel. If this is set, pattern tables will be edited in Excel and hence you can copy/paste from your other excel file.
gwalker
4-Participant
(To:TonyZ)
Top Tags