cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Probable error in function evaluation

fgallagher
4-Participant

Probable error in function evaluation

I am building an assembly in Creo 2.0 and got an error shown below. This is causing a "yellow light" regeneration as well. Any ideas?

Probable_Error_in_function_evaluationJPG.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have not tested this but that is the way I am interpretting several previous case resolutions. They seem to say that if you try to extract a certain amount of characters from a string that has a total number of characters less than that number, you will see this message.

This is copied from a previous case:

"IF EXTRACT(DESCRIPTION,70,1))==""

In the above line, without checking if the String parameter contains 70 characters or not, you have used 70 in EXTRACT function.

If the string_length of the parameter DESCRIPTION is not greater than 70, Creo Parametric stops relations execution with error message "warning: Probable error in function evaluation".

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Floyd, are you running the version manager extension?

version_rev.PNG

fgallagher
4-Participant
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Antonius,

See below. Not sure if I am or not.

Probable_Error_in_function_evaluation_version_manager.JPG

I guess this could be a PDM link thing. I have never been warned of a -POSSIBLE- function error. It either IS or it ISN'T! As a matter of fact, I've never been warned of ANY function error.

Floyd,

Were you able to locate the source of the problem?

Floyd,

Possibly this is due to relations in part 10812197. Check and verify the relations.

This message is given when the EXTRACT function is used in Relations when the parameter length is greater as the parameter name to be extracted.

Please confirm - is this error generated when trying to Extract characters beyond what the target string contains?

Extract("12345",5,2) creates an error message because it can't extract the character beyond the fifth one?

I have not tested this but that is the way I am interpretting several previous case resolutions. They seem to say that if you try to extract a certain amount of characters from a string that has a total number of characters less than that number, you will see this message.

This is copied from a previous case:

"IF EXTRACT(DESCRIPTION,70,1))==""

In the above line, without checking if the String parameter contains 70 characters or not, you have used 70 in EXTRACT function.

If the string_length of the parameter DESCRIPTION is not greater than 70, Creo Parametric stops relations execution with error message "warning: Probable error in function evaluation".

Thanks. That's funny. Most languages produce a 'subscript of range' message and could tell what the string and subscript was so the user had an idea where to look for the problem, like:

Relation evaluation error: extracting character 70 in DESCRIPTION with string length 45; model name PLATE

You're just spoiled, David

fgallagher
4-Participant
(To:fgallagher)

Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation last week. Thanks Clint for the help.

Top Tags