cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Reg: Model Check in Pro/E Wildfire 4.0

suganthan.mech
1-Newbie

Reg: Model Check in Pro/E Wildfire 4.0

Hello Pro/E Gurus

Good Day

I am using Pro/E Wildfire 4.0. My part name should be 4 digitIR part number followed by IRxx( Ex: 1B44IR01). I want to check this part name using model check.

Check File has the following parameter

MODEL_NAME YNEW E N N N N

Start file has the following parameter

PRT_MODEL_NAMEEQ*******IR**

is it correct method?. If I give 3 digit number followed by TRxx, model check will not show its a error.

So kindly tell me what is the correct function to write in that start file to check the model name

Thanks In Advance

Suganthan Rajamanickam

Pro-e System Analyst

Trane Design Centre, India

Ingersoll Rand

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I took this directly from the help section in WF4. It has some examples of naiming conventions and wildcards that can be used

ModelCHECK can verify that Pro/ENGINEER model names, instances, and simplified representations conform to company-specific naming standards in the following ways:

• Are file names less than, equal to, or greater than a specific number of characters?

• Do file names consist of only characters or only numbers?

• Do file names contain specific strings?

Use the following format in the start configuration file to configure layers:

[MODE]_[MOD_INST]_NAME[equality] [value]

where

• [MODE] is PRT, ASM, or DRW.

• [MOD_INST] is MODEL, INSTANCE or SIMPREP.

• [equality] is the equality relationship. Acceptable values are:

• EQ—Equal to

• NEQ—Not equal to

• LT—Less than (only for length)

• GT—Greater than (only for length)

• LTE—Less than or equal to (only for length)

• GTE—Greater than or equal to (only for length)

• [value] is the value of the model name. Rules for values are:

• Do not specify exact values, because each Pro/ENGINEER model has to have a different name.

• Use ALL_CHARACTERS to verify that all models have names that consist only of characters. This check ignores dashes (-) or underscores (_) found in names.

• Use ALL_NUMBERS to verify that all models have names that consist of only numbers. This check ignores dashes (-) or underscores (_) found in names.

• Use LENGTH_## where ## is a number. This check verifies that the number of characters in model names is either less than, less than or equal to, equal to, greater than, or greater than or equal to a specific number.

• *, ?, # and $ can be used as wildcards, where:

*—Any number of characters

?—One character (numerical, alphabetical, or symbol)

#—One numerical character

$—One string character

• For DRW_MODEL_NAME, a value of FIRST_MODEL can be specified if you want to check that the name of the drawing is the same as the first model added to the drawing.

• Specify LIST_XXX to refer to a list of acceptable values.

PRT_MODEL_NAMEEQLIST_NAMES

Specify each member of the LIST_NAMES list on a separate line in the configuration file as follows:

LIST_NAMESCE_*
LIST_NAMESCD_*
LIST_NAMESEO_*

This check would verify that all model names begin with CE_, CD_ or EO_. Alternatively, you can refer to a text file that contains the list, as follows:

LIST_NAMES text/list.txt

For example:

PRT_MODEL_NAMEEQALL_CHARACTERS
PRT_MODEL_NAMEEQALL_NUMBERS
PRT_MODEL_NAMEEQLIST_NAMES
PRT_INSTANCE_NAMEEQXYZ_*
PRT_INSTANCE_NAMEEQGENERIC
ASM_MODEL_NAMELTLENGTH_12
ASM_INSTANCE_NAMEEQE_##_*
DRW_MODEL_NAMEEQCD_*
DRW_MODEL_NAMEEQ???_CD
DRW_MODEL_NAMEEQFIRST_MODEL

Examples of wildcards:

• *test—The value has to end in test, so model test would be an acceptable value.

• ??-??—The value has to be five characters long with a hyphen (–) as the third character.

• ####-$000—The first four characters have to be numbers, the fifth character has to be a dash (-), character number 6 has to be a letter, and the last 3 characters have to be zeros (0).

• ???_*—The first three characters can be any characters followed by an underscore.

Thanks,

Thank you buddy.

Regards,
Suganthan Rajamanickam

Top Tags