cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

bottle in multiple sections / rough geometry

al204
1-Newbie

bottle in multiple sections / rough geometry

hello ProE users,

I'm writing concerning a blown bottle I was asked to model (please see attached pictures).

I was provided with drawings of the front and side profiles plus actual bottles.

Given the difficulty of taking measurements from the bottle I decided to scan the surface using a cnc machine in order to generate a cloud of datum points (x,y,z) which would help me define the geometry of the bottle. The bottle was filled with sand and then put inside the fixture of the machine to start the scan. The tool that was used was very narrow and sharp, each coordinate was written down upon contact of the tool with the bottle.

I have already spent several days working with the scanned data, using the boundary blend tool to generate a single surface that includes all the curves that were created based on the data that was gathered. Unfortunately the surface is not smooth enough. What alternatives do I have to make it even smoother?

Also, I have a problem in modeling the shoulder of the surface, right below the dome. please see image attached. Using the boundary blend tool does not yield an acceptable geometry for this area.

any thoughts are appreciated.

would using ISDX help me in achieving a smoother surface? and completing the missing surface under the dome?

thank you, regards

AL.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Top Tags